101. A meeting

     The last Wednesday of May, I had a meeting with my potential boss Jerry, who came back from USA recently. Frankly, it was not a formal meeting.  We had dinner together and free conversation. At first, I did not expect that his wife and daughters would join our dinner.  He told me to book a table for 5-6 people, so I guess his friends will come.  Meeting my potential boss is a great even for me, so  I dressed like a competent office manager.  However, there were only his family members.  All of them were in casual clothes...



    I never meet Jerry before.  My sister told me a lot of his story about his sport accomplishment and his careers.  He owns an oil factory in LA, USA.  But also he is a famous golf coach  and established a Golf Academy in Xiaman, Fujian, China.


    Since my sister and sister-in-law help his oil business going well, the sale turnover was rapidly increasing in these two years.  One of his important customer suggested they should have another factory in Taxes.  My sister-in-law returned to Taxes to investigate the factory place and environment.  And started the outline of new factory.  Last month, my sister came back to Taiwan and said Jerry's wife had a different opinion about this joint venture.  She did not quite agree that my sister will hold the same share as Jerry's for a new factory.  And now, the joint venture has postponed a while.  But they still wanted to know me.

    The first image of Jerry and his wife,  I could not smell any richness or wealth  from them.  They were quite different from my imagination of their style.  Jerry is not tall and his height is under the average of Taiwanese men.  About his wife and kids, they dressed with blank simplicity. The modesty of their style made them look like normal people.   However, you do not know how important and influence Jerry to the golf sport for Taiwan and Mainland China.   He is the most famous golf coach and  He is always invited to play golf with politicians and CEO.  Even Ruby, Ya-Ni Teng is one of his students.   His Xiamen golf academy is attracted a lots of rich people to join the golf practice.  He is quite concerned about the development of golf sport and will contribute his time to help Chinese people to win the championship of the world competitions.

    It was a great night, we exchanged a lot work experience and faith of life. I think his essentially humble and suavity make he achieved the highest formal honors and distinctions.

0 意見:

張貼留言