Mother's Day Card



     
      My first mother's day card was given to my grandmother, at the time, I was just 6-year-old girl who did not know what the meaning of mother's day or mother's day card is.  I purely drawn some childish flowers on a paper ... then teacher asked me I should give my hand-made card to my grandmother, due to I lived with her alone.  Father and mother were too busy to take care of all kids.  I was sent to my father's born place, a very small village in south of Taiwan, and I  have a good time about one year with my grandmother together.

      My grandmother always did her best to make her litter granddaughter happy, if I asked a star, I think she would say yes and take one for me. Sometimes, Grandmother gave me some coins which I could buy snacks.  I recalled that other classmates envied me when I was going into the small grocery store.  One day, school held a picnic, my teacher told me I had a wonderful grandmother because she looked into my lunch box which was filled with expensive fruit and food for a little kids.

      When she was getting older and older, and starting to find most common diseases with old age on her.  My father insisted she should have better medical care and move from country side to Taipei. During her staying with us, I was engaged in working, dating and handed out with friends, and seldom had long conversations with her.   However, she still concerned about me and always queried me, "Hungry or not? Don’t forget to put more clothes."

       Now, mother's day is just around the concern, I cannot make any card or send my gift to my grandmother, she passed away over 10 years. I knew she had been looking forward to seeing my wedding gown ; unfortunately, she has gone too fast.... Now, I entered to another family, suddenly, I grow up...I realize it is not easy to be a daughter-in-law. She did not teach me about new family for a woman ... because she never complained how arduous life she should strick in her ages, and how laborious duty she had to face for raising eight kids,and  how tough task she needed to do grandfater’s farm work and housework....

      " Dear Grand mom, happy mother's day", the first time, I said it to you in English...but I will not have more chance to explain it for you.

0 意見:

張貼留言