Weekly Journal #3 (Oct. 28- Nov. 3)


Global News: (New York,USA) Oct. 29 

Massive storm Sandy kills at least 8 as it roars ashore in East 

At least eight people were killed by massive storm Sandy as it moved inland after roaring ashore in New Jersey with 80 mph winds Monday night.
Floodwater swamped New York City, pouring into subway tunnels and filling the enormous construction site where the World Trade Center was destroyed in 2001. Much of Lower Manhattan was plunged into darkness after exploding transformers cast a rosy glow against the gloomy sky.









Taiwan's news: Taipei, Oct. 31 (CNA)
Taiwan celebrates on eve of entry to U.S. visa waiver program

Taiwan's government held a ceremony in Taipei on Wednesday to celebrate the country's inclusion in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program (VWP), which takes effect the following day.

U.S. Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade Francisco Sanchez, who is visiting Taiwan to promote bilateral trade and investment, said at the ceremony that the VWP will strengthen understanding between the people on both sides.




Personal  Journal: 

These two days,  Ifelt so weak.  I took some medicines, and full asleep all day. I cannot believe this time is my third time to caught the cold recently.

I knew I was too busy and did not take good care of myself.  On the other hand, the weather situation was being extremely changed.  It was warm and sunny in the morning outside, turned to very high temperature at the noon.  Suddenly, it became to pretty cool in the evening and night.

Two days ago, I went to a clinic which was full of patients, so I had to wait more then 30 min before I saw the doctor.  The doctor was exceptionally nice and knowledgeable here. Like the ordinary medical treatment, he gave me some medicines and ask me to rest more. 

Hope the cold can " fly away" soon. I knew the most important thing in life is good health.  I should do more excise and get as much rest as possible. 

News source: 
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-hurricane-sandy-update-20121029,0,163251.story
http://focustaiwan.tw/SearchNews/hyDetailws.aspx?qid=201210310044&q=TAIWAN+VISA

0 意見:

張貼留言