Spoken (Slang) English



      This week, I watched a few movies and I learned some spoken English that I do not know before...

       "I'm gonna head out " .... I think most of non-nataive speakers like me will misundersand this sentance, it means...
  " I'm going to go to...." or " I'm leaving for...."

     "Get carved" this can be used in body training fitness, do some exercises or body workout, if you do these processes well, you can see your body same as a body statue with carved.

     "Live it up" means to live a fun and extravagant lifestyle, like a rich person, in short is enjoy your live.

     "check out", that is not only for paying the bill to counter or hotel, in some movie conversations, they said, check out the girl's ... it means watching the girl's....

      "I am not myself today" can be explained to I do not feel well today and my spirits are low, or I am not in my usual mood.  If someone is always a happy person and for some reason is feeling down they might say "I'm not myself today".  Its like saying that they are being someone else today.

      "set someone straight"  to tell someone the true facts about a situation that they had not understood correctly.

1 意見:

匿名 提到...

Wow I am impressed !!

These are mainly conversational or spoken English that people use as they are more expressive. Is kind of different should you require to put in a formal business report ... ...

Keep up the good work. I think both your teacher in the class as well as your personal teacher; if you know who I am refering will be proud of you :)

張貼留言