Are you seeing someone?

   
     “Are you seeing someone? “ If your answer is, "Yes, I see my friend over there.” or, “I look forward to seeing someone."  There is a big misunderstanding for the question. This sentence is asking about your relationship, not asking about which one you have seen or will see...

     This is a common oral speaking way that I learned from movie, since I watch movies with bilingual subtitle, I can get more clear about spoken English. This following conversation is a section of the movie.

    A woman asked her ex-husband. “Are you seeing someone?” That man answered, “No” Actually, he was dating with different lady every night, so I think “dating with someone” is not exactly same as “seeing someone”.

   "Are you dating someone?" It is usually meant as the beginning of the processes of relationshipt. Dating can be used to describe a different function as well.  You can choose to see several people at a time, to have fun, we refer to it as dating.

    "Are you seeing someone?" it applies for someone you have been on several dates and turn into steady relationship. If people ask you: "Are you seeing someone?" they want to know do you have girlfriend or boyfriend or you are in a relationship or not.
Don't say it again,"Yes, I see you....." That's pretty funny...

0 意見:

張貼留言